Sacred Travel to Egypt with Revs. Kathianne Lewis & Rev. Liesa Garcia - March 2023
Center for Spiritual Living
Sacred Travel to Egypt
March 10 - 23, 2023
Cairo / Giza Pyramids / Sphinx / King's Chamber / Egyptian Museum / Luxor Temple /
Isis Temple / Karnak Temple / Aswan / Luxor / Edfu / Kom Ombo / Old Cairo / El Moaz Street
Includes: Deluxe Private Sail Yacht "Afandina" on The Nile
Private visits on this trip
Private meditation inside the Great Pyramid's King's Chamber
Private visit between the paws of the Sphinx
Private visit to Philae / Isis Temple
March 10 - 23, 2023
Day 1, Fri, Mar 10: Arrive Cairo:
Arrive to Cairo Airport where you will be met by your Quest Travel Tour Manager who will assist you through customs before transferring you to your luxury accommodations at the Mena House Hotel.
Day 2, Sat, Mar 11: Opening Circle / Egyptian Museum / Khan El Khalili / El Moez St / Welcome Dinner:
Following breakfast, we will have an opening circle.
Then we visit the Egyptian Museum of Cairo (or The Grand Egyptian Museum if open) to view the spiritual legacy of priest kings, queens, scribes and healers. The museum holds an astounding collection of Egyptian antiquities and exhibits over 120,000 artifacts, including those from the tomb of Tutankhamun.
Next, we will visit El Moez Le Din Allah Street; an eloquent witness for historical Cairo with the various monuments spread along both sides of the street. You can walk along history when you walk in Al Moez Street. The most beautiful Islamic street in Cairo, Islamic monuments & mosques are on each side of El Moez Street. There you can view El Hakem Mosque 1000 years ago. Also, in Al Moez Street, you can see Souk, Khan Khalili Bazaar, wekala, hamam, khan, hotel, palace, mosque, khankah, college, citadel and fort in flourishing historical Cairo. The atmospheres of this traditional market, together with the labyrinth layout of the streets, gives you a glimpse into what medieval markets were like.
We will then enjoy our Welcome Dinner at one of the famous Egyptian local restaurants.
Day 3, Sun, Mar 12: Giza Plateau / Sphinx / Sakkara:
In the very early morning, we will have a private visit to the Giza Plateau, when nobody else is there except our group. Listen closely as you awaken and dress for Sunrise at the Valley Temple of Chephren on the Giza Plateau. As you come alive, you will hear the incredible sounds of the entire city being called to prayer. Open your door and listen...feel the energy of the spirits…we will be off to discover some of the most awesome Wonders of the World, the Great Sphinx and the Pyramids of the Giza Plateau, to touch them and to feel them. We study them and pay particular attention to the Sphinx. Our guide, who is a human encyclopedia of Egyptology, will give us detailed examinations of various controversial theories surrounding these amazing structures.
Back to hotel for a hot breakfast.
In the afternoon, we will drive by luxury bus to Sakkara, where we visit the oldest pyramid, the Step Pyramid of Djoser, and its temple of sound and healing. Sakkara was masterminded by Imhotep, the high priest, vizier and architect to King Djoser during Dynasty III. This magnificent site includes other Old Kingdom tombs, among them those that hold the earliest known hieroglyphs, the Pyramid Texts that were the model for the Egyptian Book of the Dead.
Day 4, Mon, Mar 13: Cairo / Aswan:
After breakfast, we take our short flight to Aswan, the pearl of the Nile and check into our hotel, Historical Old Cataract.
Day 5, Tue, Mar 14: Philae Temple / Felucca Ride / Elephantine Island / Khnum Temple / Nubian Market:
At sunrise, we visit the Great Mother, to receive the blessings of Isis at her beautiful island temple at Philae. This isle represents a fusion of three great civilizations – Egyptian, Greek and Roman. The presence of Isis is palpable in the inner sanctum, the Holy of Holies of her temple.
In the afternoon we will enjoy our felucca ride and will visit Elephantine Island and temple of the God of Creation, Khnum Temple.
In the evening have time to enjoy that colorful Nubian Market in the streets of Aswan.
Day 6, Wed, Mar 15: Sail to Kom Ombo / Kom Ombo Temple:
Following breakfast, we check into your Deluxe Praive Dahabeya Afandina.
We sail to Kom Ombo to visit the only dual temple in Egypt. This dramatic temple poised between the edge of the river and the encroaching desert sand was dedicated to two gods – Sobek the crocodile god of strength, fortitude, fertility and rebirth, and Horus the hawk-headed son of Isis and Osiris. The duality of light/dark, yin/yang, conscious/unconscious is apparent in this ancient site. One of the most powerful places in Kom Ombo is the Seat of Neutrality, which is placed on the exact centerline between the parts of the temple that are dedicated to Horus/Sobek and Light/Dark.
We then continue sailing and spend overnight on an island near Kom Ombo.
(Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
Day 7, Thu, Mar 16: Relaxing Sailing Day:
Spend the entire day relaxing and sailing on The Nile from Edfu to Esna, passing by the villages of the farmers & fishermen and learn as you walk through these villages about their daily life activities.
(Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
Day 8, Fri, Mar 17: Sailing to Edfu / Edfu Temple:
Then we sail the Nile all day until we get to visit Edfu and the Temple of Horus, one of the most beautifully preserved in Egypt. When you approach the temple complex, you become aware of its enormous dimensions, with a vast courtyard, a forest of towering columns and high ceilings. The side chambers of the Temple of Horus show the complexity of ancient rites; they include a healing chamber, a perfumery, and singers’ rooms. One chamber, called the House of Life, stored all of the sacred texts used in seasonal and daily rituals. Horus is associated with higher vision and clarity. The eye of Horus greatly relates to his myth and power. The left eye represents the lunar, the moon, the intuitive, the feminine energy. The right eye is connected to the solar, the masculine, the action, and the yang energy. Both are necessary for true power to exist. In a private empowerment we will work with balancing the lunar and the solar energies inside of us and awaken our intuitive centers to be able to experience a higher perspective. Overnight on an island near Edfu.
(Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
Day 9, Sat, Mar 18: Esna Lock / Luxor Temples:
Enjoy breakfast and sailing to Esna watching the countryside of Egypt. Relax while sharing your thoughts with Revs. Kathianne & Liesa on the sun deck.
Cross Esna lock. Sail North towards Luxor.
In the evening, we visit Luxor Temple as it began under the reign of Amonhotep III. It was then added to by Ramses II and Nectanebo I. It has an intact avenue of sphinxes in front of the Ramses II pylon. The Kadesh Battle of Ramses II, against the Hittites, is detailed on the pylon walls. This is the only religious monument in the world that includes Pharaonic, Macedonian, Ptolemaic, Roman, Christian, and Islamic constructions.
(Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
Day 10, Sun, Mar 19: Dendera:
This morning we head to Dendera to visit the exquisite temple dedicated to Hathor, the goddess of abundance, love and joy. The temple is built with a zodiacal ceiling that recalls the origins of Egypt. On the rooftop where Hathor priests and priestesses gathered for their celebrations thousands of years ago, we reconnect to our destinies.
(Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
Day 11, Mon, Mar 20: West Bank:
Early morning, we visit Deir el Bahari, the funerary temple of the female pharaoh Hatshepsut. We also visit the Necropolis of Thebes on the West Bank of the Nile. The West Bank where the Valley of Kings holds the tombs of the pharaohs that are inscribed with sacred transformative texts, including the books of knowing light and dark, the book of what is in the underworld, the book of caverns, and naming and taming the hours of the night. Here are the tombs of Tutankhamun, Ramses III and VII, Seti I, Thutmosis III, and then we visit the Valley of Queens and many others. We will also visit the Colossi of Memnon before lunch at Africa restaurant.
In the evening, we will have time to explore Luxor's market.
(Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
Day 12, Tue, Mar 21: Karnak Temple / Luxor / Cairo:
In the morning we visit the magnificent Karnak Temple. Karnak is the biggest temple complex in Egypt – and a very special place. It is dedicated to the gods Amun and Mut. As you enter, you walk between a row of rams-headed sphinxes, which originally connected Karnak with Luxor Temple two miles away. Take some time to visit the sacred lake of Karnak, ask for purification and place your intention in your mind's eye into the lake.
Outside the main halls is a small chapel dedicated to Sekhmet where we have a private time with her, her consort Ptah and their son Nefertum. Sekhmet is the lioness goddess of compassion and courage. She is associated with feminine fire and healing through destruction. She is a renowned healer and known for her magic and ability to hunt down an imbalance at its origin. In a potent private initiation, we will honor the goddess and receive the gift of courage to be our authentic selves.
After breakfast, we take our short flight back to Cairo.
Upon arrival we check in at Mena House Hotel.
Day 13, Wed, Mar 22: Great Pyramid / King’s Chamber:
Early morning, we will have a special private visit inside the Great Pyramid with a culminating initiation in the King’s Chamber. Here, we unite our life story with the story of those who have come before us and those who will come after as we embrace the transformation that we have experienced.
Enjoy your farewell dinner and share your Egyptian experience.
Day 14, Thu, Mar 23: Final Departure
We transfer to Cairo International Airport for your final departures and journey home.
(Itinerary subject to change due to reasons beyond our control.)
PRICING FOR MAIN TRIP LAND PACKAGE:
Per person Double Occupancy: $ 5,230*
Per person Single Occupancy: $ 6,980
Per person Deposit Required to Reserve Your Spot: $1,000
*Double Occupancy Note: If, 90 days before the trip’s start date, you are the last female/male registrant in a room where the other female/male bed has not been sold, you will be subject to the single supplement price. Travel Tip: Find someone to travel with, book your own room together, and guarantee the double occupancy rate no matter what!
To sign up for the Egypt trip, contact our Registrar at 206.527.8801 x5101.
What's Included in the land package pricing:
- Greeting and assistance at airports in all cities in Egypt
- All touring and transfers in air-conditioned motor coach
- Private transfers from and to the airport / hotels in all cities
- Entrance fees to all visits mentioned in the above itinerary
- Private visit to King’s Chamber inside the Great Pyramid
- Private visit to the Sphinx, between the paws of the Sphinx
- Private visit to Isis temple at Dawn
- Daily buffet breakfast at hotel
- Dinners & lunches & breakfasts as indicated on daily itinerary
- Licensed English / Spiritual speaking guide throughout the trip
- All hotel taxes, service charges and government sales tax
- Tipping for guide, Nile cruise staff, tour guide, tour escort, airports, hotels, luggage
- Domestic flights within Egypt Cairo / Aswan / Luxor / Cairo ($375 p/p non-refundable after purchased by vendor)
What's excluded from the land package pricing:
- International Air tickets
- Visa upon arrival to Cairo airport currently $25 per person* (See also Terms of Travel, #12)
- Meals and drinks, laundry, telephone calls, etc., not specified in the proposal
- Travel & health Insurance and other items of a personal nature
- Airport departure tax, if any
- Pre arrival and post departure accommodations (see pricing below)
- Mandatory COVID testing (Testing before arrival in Egypt is the responsibility of each traveler. Testing before departing Egypt will be coordinated for the group by Quest Travel and is $110 per person.)
Pre arrival and Post departure accommodations at Mena House hotel (please make requests to Registrar no later than Sun, Sep 11, 2022):
- Single room: $310 per person including 25% tax, service charges & buffet breakfast
- Double room $320 per two persons including 25% taxes, service charges & buffet breakfast
- Includes airport transfer to / from airport to hotel
- Pyramids view room are an additional $100 per room per night and are available on a first come, first served basis
- Premium Pyramids view room are $180 per room per night and are available on a first come, first served basis
PAYMENT SCHEDULE AND CANCELLATION POLICY:
- There is a $1,000 non-refundable deposit required to reserve your spot.
Please have your passport information (passport name, passport number, passport expiration date, nationality, and date of birth) available when registering.
- The balance, minus the $1,000 non-refundable deposit paid upon registering, can be paid in 1 lump sum or in 3 payments as outlined below:
Due Sun, Jun 12, 2022: Double Occupancy = $1,410.00, Single Occupancy = $1,993.33
Due Sun, Aug 14, 2022: Double Occupancy = $1,410.00, Single Occupancy = $1,993.33
Due Sun, Oct 9, 2022: Double Occupancy = $1,410.00, Single Occupancy = $1,993.34
- Cancellation Policy:
If you cancel on or before 1/9/23, 60 days prior to arrival, you will receive a refund for the amount you have paid, minus the $1,000 non-refundable deposit.
If you cancel 1/10/23 - 1/24/23, 59-45 days prior to arrival, you will receive a refund for the amount you have paid, minus the $1,000 non-refundable deposit and an additional $1,500 cancellation fee.
If you cancel after 1/24/23, less than 45 days prior to arrival, you will be charged full price of land package, including the $1,000 non-refunable deposit.
TERMS OF TRAVEL:
Seattle Center for Spiritual Living (“CSL”), a recognized 501(c)(3) religious non-profit, is arranging a tour for interested parties to Egypt on March 10 - 23, 2023. In the past CSL has had an arranged travel tour cancelled due to elevated security risks and pandemic restrictions. In today’s uncertain world it is possible that this trip may be cancelled due to circumstances beyond CSL’s control. CSL therefore asks that you consider and agree to the following before making a deposit for this tour.
- I am eighteen (18) years of age or older.
- I am physically able to complete this travel.
- I recognize that CSL is NOT a “seller of travel” as defined in RCW 19.138.021(6).
- I realize that CSL is arranging travel directly through vendors in Egypt and will pay to the vendors necessary deposits from the funds I pay to CSL. I understand the deposits might not be refundable in the case of a cancellation no matter the circumstances.
- I understand that once the domestic flights for travel within Egypt are purchased by the vendor, the expense might not be refundable in the case of a cancellation no matter the circumstances.
- I recognize that circumstances beyond the control of CSL such as a pandemic, an act of terrorism, or the U.S. State Department canceling all American flights to or from Egypt might require a postponement or cancellation of this trip.
- I agree to hold CSL harmless if the trip is cancelled for reasons outside CSL’s control. Although I know that CSL will do everything in its power to obtain refunds on my behalf, I will not hold CSL liable for any refunds not received.
- I understand that if CSL cancels the trip for its own convenience then I will be due a full refund.
- I understand that there is a minimum $1,000 non-refundable deposit due at registration.
- By registering I am agreeing to the financial and time deadlines as spelled out above.
- I agree that CSL shall not be obligated to refund any cancellation penalties imposed by the vendor with whom the services were arranged.
- I understand that I am responsible for verifying the validity of my passport based on my individual arrival and departure dates, obtaining a visa in advance if required based on my individual nationality, and also understand that requirements for both varies by country. To the best of Quest Travel's knowledge at this time, passport and visa regulations are as follows:
It is a government requirement that all passports MUST have 6 months of validity.
It is a government requirement that all passport holders of the following nationalities MUST obtain their own visas from Egyptian Embassy or Consulate located in his or her own countries prior to arrival to Egypt:
Europe: Bosna – Bella Russia – Moldavia – Armenia – Georgia – Kazakhstan – Uzbekistan – Azerbaijan - Kosovo
Asia: Turkey – China – Afghanistan – Philippine – Sri Lanka – Thailand – Pakistan – India – Indonesia – Iran – Israel – Vietnam
Africa: All African countries
|Neon CRM by Neon One|