Please upgrade your browser.
Sacred Travel to Egypt with Rev. Kathianne Lewis: Sep/Oct 2019
Center for Spiritual Living
The Ultimate Spiritual Travel Adventure to Egypt
September 21 - October 4, 2019
See Egypt through her Eyes & Heart
Rev. Kathianne Lewis
Sacred Sites & Secret Science
Cairo / Egyptian Museum / Giza Plateau / Sphinx / Sakkara / Aswan / Temple at Philae / Kom Ombo / Edufu /
Temple of Horus / Esna / Luxor Temple / Dendera / West Bank / Valley of the Kings / Valley of the Queens /
Karnak Temple / El Moez Le Din Allah Street / Khan Khalili Bazaar / Great Pyramid / Kings Chambers
Includes: Deluxe Private Sail Yacht "Afandina" on The Nile
PREREQUISITE: Completion of Beyond Limits or Foundations
Private visits on this trip
Sphinx at Giza Plateau
Isis Temple at Dawn
King's Chambers of the Great Pyramid
September 21 - October 4, 2019
Day 1, Sat, Sep 21: Arrive Cairo:
Arrive to Cairo Airport where you will be met by your Quest Travel representative who will assist you through customs before transferring you to your luxury accommodations at the Mena House Hotel.
Day 2, Sun, Sep 22: Opening Circle / Egyptian Museum / Welcoming Dinner:
Following breakfast, we will have an opening circle.
Then we visit the Egyptian Museum of Cairo to view the spiritual legacy of priest kings, queens, scribes and healers. The museum holds an astounding collection of Egyptian antiquities and exhibits over 120,000 artifacts, including those from the tomb of Tutankhamun.
We will then enjoy our Welcome Dinner at one of the famous Egyptian local restaurants.
Day 3, Mon, Sep 23: Giza Plateau / Sphinx / Sakkara:
In the very early morning, we will have a private visit to the Giza Plateau, when no body else is there except our group. Listen closely as you awaken and dress for Sunrise at the Valley Temple of Chephren on the Giza Plateau. As you come alive, you will hear the incredible sounds of the entire city being called to prayer. Open your door and listen...feel the energy of the spirits…we will be off to discover some of the most awesome Wonders of the World, the Great Sphinx and the Pyramids of the Giza Plateau, to touch them and to feel them. We study them and pay particular attention to the Sphinx. Our guide, who is an encyclopedia of Egyptology, will give us detailed examinations of various controversial theories surrounding these amazing structures.
Back to hotel for a hot breakfast.
In the afternoon, we will drive by luxury bus to Sakkara, where we visit the oldest pyramid, the Step Pyramid of Djoser, and its temple of sound and healing. Sakkara was masterminded by Imhotep, the high priest, vizier and architect to King Djoser during Dynasty III. This magnificent site includes other Old Kingdom tombs, among them those that hold the earliest known hieroglyphs, the Pyramid Texts that were the model for the Egyptian Book of the Dead.
Day 4, Tue, Sep 24: Cairo / Aswan / Nubian Market:
After breakfast, we take our short flight to Aswan, the pearl of the Nile and check into our hotel, the Historical Hotel Old Cataract.
In the afternoon, we will enjoy our felucca ride and have time to enjoy the colorful Nubian Market in the streets of Aswan.
Day 5, Wed, Sep 25: Aswan / Philae Temple:
At sunrise, we visit, the Great Mother, to receive the blessings of Isis at her beautiful island temple at Philae. This isle represents a fusion of three great civilizations – Egyptian, Greek and Roman. The presence of Isis is palpable in the inner sanctum, the Holy of Holies of her temple.
Day 6, Thu, Sep 26: Sail to Kom Ombo / Kom Ombo Temple:
Following breakfast, we check into your Deluxe Private Dahabeya Afandina.
We sail to Kom Ombo to visit the only dual temple in Egypt. This dramatic temple poised between the edge of the river and the encroaching desert sand was dedicated to two gods - Sobek the crocodile god of strength, fortitude, fertility and rebirth, and Horus the hawk-headed son of Isis and Osiris. The duality of light/dark, yin/yang, conscious/unconscious is apparent in this ancient site. One of the most powerful places in Kom Ombo is the Seat of Neutrality, which is placed on the exact centerline between the parts of the temple that are dedicated to Horus/Sobek and Light/Dark.
We then continue sailing overnight to an island near Kom Ombo.
(Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
Day 7, Fri, Sep 27: Sailing to Edfu / Edfu Temple:
Then we sail the Nile all day until we get to visit Edfu and the Temple of Horus, one of the most beautifully preserved in Egypt. When you approach the temple complex, you become aware of its enormous dimensions, with a vast courtyard, a forest of towering columns and high ceilings. The side chambers of the Temple of Horus show the complexity of ancient rites; they include a healing chamber, a perfumery, and singers’ rooms. One chamber, called the House of Life, stored all of the sacred texts used in seasonal and daily rituals. Horus is associated with higher vision and clarity. The eye of Horus greatly relates to his myth and power. The left eye represents the lunar, the moon, the intuitive, the feminine energy. The right eye is connected to the solar, the masculine, the action, and the yang energy. Both are necessary for true power to exist. In a private empowerment we will work with balancing the lunar and the solar energies inside of us and awaken our intuitive centers to be able to experience a higher perspective. Overnight on an island near Edfu.
(Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
Day 8, Sat, Sep 28: Relaxing Sailing Day:
Spend the entire day relaxing and sailing on The Nile from Edfu to Esna passing by the villages of the farmers & Fishermen and learn as you walk through these Villages about their daily life activities.
(Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
Day 9, Sun, Sep 29: Esna Lock / Luxor Temples:
Enjoy breakfast while enjoy sailing to Esna and enjoy watching the countryside of Egypt. Relax while you are sharing your thoughts with Rev. Kathianne on the Sun deck.
Cross Esna lock. Sail North towards Luxor.
In the evening, we visit Luxor Temple as it began under the reign of Amonhotep III. It was then added too by Ramses II and Nectanebo I. It has an intact avenue of sphinxes in front of the Ramses II pylon. The Kadesh Battle of Ramses II, against the Hittites, is detailed on the pylon walls. This is the only religious monument in the world that includes Pharaonic, Macedonian, Ptolemaic, Roman, Christian, and Islamic constructions.
(Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
Day 10, Mon, Sep 30: Dendara:
This morning we head to Dendera to visit the exquisite temple dedicated to Hathor, the goddess of abundance, love and joy. The temple is built with a zodiacal ceiling that recalls the origins of Egypt. On the rooftop where Hathor priests and priestesses gathered for their celebrations thousands of years ago, we reconnect to our destinies.
(Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
Day 11, Tue, Oct 1: West Bank / Sonesta St. George Hotel:
Early morning, we visit Deir el Bahari, the funerary temple of the female pharaoh Hatshepsut. We also visit the Necropolis of Thebes on the West Bank of the Nile. The West Bank where the Valley of Kings holds the tombs of the pharaohs that are inscribed with sacred transformative texts, including the books of knowing light and dark, the book of what is in the underworld, the book of caverns, and naming and taming the hours of the night. Here are the tombs of Tutankhamun, Ramses III and VII, Seti I, Thutmosis III, and then we visit the Valley of Queens and many others. We will also visit the Colossi of Memnon before lunch at Africa restaurant.
Check in Sonesta St. George Luxor Hotel.
Then in the evening we have time to explore Luxor's market.
(Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
Day 12, Wed, Oct 2: Karnak temple / Luxor / Cairo / Khan El Khalili:
In the morning we visit the magnificent Karnak Temple. Karnak is the biggest temple complex in Egypt - and a very special place. It is dedicated to the Gods Amun and Mut. As you enter, you walk between a row of rams-headed sphinxes, which originally connected Karnak with Luxor Temple two miles away. Take some time to visit the sacred lake of Karnak, ask for purification and place your intention in your mind's eye into the lake.
Outside the main halls is a small chapel dedicated to Sekhmet where we have a private time with her , her consort Ptah and their son Nefertum. Sekhmet is the lioness Goddess of compassion and courage. She is associated with feminine fire and healing through destruction. She is a renowned healer and known for her magic and ability to hunt down an imbalance at its origin. In a potent private initiation we will honor the Goddess and receive the gift of courage to be our authentic selves.
After breakfast, we take our short flight back to Cairo.
Upon arrival, we visit El Moez Le Din Allah Street is an eloquent witness for historical Cairo with the various monuments spread along both sides of the street. You can walk along history when you walk in Al Moez Street, The most beautiful Islamic street in Cairo, Islamic monuments & mosques are on each side of El Moez Street, there you can view El Hakem Mosque 1000 years ago. Also in Al Moez Street, you can see Souk, Khan Khalili Bazaar wekala, hamam, khan, hotel, palace, mosque, khankah, college, citadel and fort are flourishing historical Cairo. The atmospheres of this traditional market, together with the labyrinth layout of the streets, gives you a glimpse into what medieval markets were like.
Then check in Mena House hotel.
Day 13, Thu, Oct 3: Great Pyramid / King’s Chamber:
Early morning, we will have a special private visit inside the Great Pyramid with a culminating initiation in the King’s chamber. Here, we unite our life story with the story of those who have come before us and those who will come after as we embrace the transformation that we have experienced.
Enjoy your Farwell dinner and share your Egyptian experience.
Day 14, Fri, Oct 4: Final Departure
We transfer to Cairo International Airport for your final departures and journey home.
(Itinerary subject to change due to reasons beyond our control.)
PRICING FOR LAND PACKAGE:
Per person Double Occupancy: $ 4,550*
Per person Single Occupancy: $ 6,000
*Double Occupancy Note: If, 90 days before the trip’s start date, you are the last female/male registrant in a room where the other female/male bed has not been sold, you will be subject to the single supplement price. Travel Tip: Find someone to travel with, book your own room together, and guarantee the double occupancy rate no matter what!
Nonrefundable $1,000 deposit due to hold your space.
To sign up for the Egypt trip and/or extension, contact our Registrar at 206.527.8801, x5101.
What's Included in the land package pricing:
- Greeting and assistance at airports in all cities in Egypt
- All touring and transfers in air-conditioned motor coach.
- Private transfers from and to the airport / hotels in all cities
- Entrance fees to all visits mentioned in the above itinerary
- Private visit to King’s chamber inside the Great Pyramid
- Private visit to the Sphinx, between the paws of the Sphinx
- Private visit to Isis temple at Dawn
- Daily buffet breakfast at hotel
- Dinners & lunches & breakfasts as indicated on daily itinerary
- Licensed English / Spiritual speaking guide throughout the trip
- All hotels taxes, service charges and government sales tax
- Tipping for guide, Nile cruise staff, tour guide, tour escort, airports, hotels, luggage
- Domestic flights within Egypt Cairo / Aswan / Luxor / Cairo
What's excluded from the land package pricing:
- International Air tickets
- Visa upon arrival to Cairo airport currently $25 per person* (See also Terms of Travel, #11)
- Meals and drinks, laundry, telephone calls, etc., not specified in the proposal
- Travel & health Insurance and other items of a personal nature
- Airport departure tax, if any
- Pre arrival and post departure accommodations (see pricing below).
Pre arrival and Post departure accommodations at Mena House hotel (please make requests no later than Sun, Jun 30, 2019):
- Single room: $220 per person including %25 tax, service charges & buffer breakfast
- Double room $240 per two persons including %25 taxes, service charges & buffer breakfast
- Included airport transfer to / from airport to hotel
- Pyramids view room are an additional $80 per room per night and are available on a first come, first served basis
PAYMENT SCHEDULE AND CANCELLATION POLICY:
- There is a nonrefundable $1,000 deposit required to reserve your spot. Please have your passport information (passport name, passport number, passport expiration date, nationality, and date of birth) availble when registering.
- The balance, minus the $1,000 nonrefundable deposit paid upon registering, can be paid in 1 lump sum or in 3 payments as outlined below:
Due Sun, Dec 2, 2018: Double Occupancy = $1,183.33, Single Occupancy = $1,666.66
Due Sun, Mar 3, 2019: Double Occupancy = $1,183.33, Single Occupancy = $1,666.67
Due, Sun, Jun 2, 2019: Double Occupancy = $1,183.34, Single Occupancy = $1,666.67
- If you cancel on or before 7/23/19, 60 days prior to arrival, you will receive a refund for the amount you have paid, minus the $1,000 non-refundable deposit.
- If you cancel 7/24/19 - 8/7/19, 59-45 days prior to arrival, you will receive a refund for the amount you have paid, minus the $1,000 non-refundable deposit and an additional $1,000 cancellation fee.
- If you cancel after 8/7/19, less than 45 days prior to arrival, you will be charged full price of land package, including the $1,000 non-refunable deposit.
TERMS OF TRAVEL:
Seattle Center for Spiritual Living (“CSL”), a recognized 501(c)(3) religious non-profit, is arranging a tour for interested parties to Egypt on September 21 - October 4, 2019. In the past CSL has had an arranged travel tour cancelled due to elevated security risks. In today’s uncertain world it is possible that this trip may be cancelled due to circumstances beyond CSL’s control. CSL therefore asks that you consider and agree to the following before making a deposit for this tour.
1. I am eighteen (18) years of age or older.
2. I am physically able to complete this travel.
3. I recognize that CSL is NOT a “seller of travel” as defined in RCW 19.138.021(6).
4. I realize that CSL is arranging travel directly through vendors in Egypt and will pay to the Vendors necessary deposits from the funds I pay to CSL. The deposits might not be refundable in case of a cancellation no matter the circumstances.
5. I recognize that circumstances beyond the control of CSL, such as an act of terrorism or the U.S. State Department canceling all American flights to or from Egypt, might require a postponement or cancellation of this trip.
6. I agree to hold CSL harmless if the trip is cancelled for reasons outside CSL’s control. Although I know that CSL will do everything in its power to obtain refunds on my behalf, I will not hold CSL liable for any refunds not received.
7. I understand that if CSL cancels the trip for its own convenience then I will be due a full refund.
8. There is a minimum $1,000 non-refundable deposit due at registration.
9. By registering I am agreeing to the financial and time deadlines as spelled out above.
10. I agree that CSL shall not be obligated to refund any cancellation penalties imposed by the vendor with whom the services were arranged.
11. I understand that I am responsible for verifying the validity of my passport based on my individual arrival and departure dates, obtaining a visa in advance if required based on my individual nationality, and also understand that requirements for both varies by country. To the best of Quest Travel's knowledge at this time, passport and visa regulations are as follows:
It is a MUST that all passports be valid 6 month prior arrival.
It is a MUST that all passports holders of the following nationalities obtain their own visas from Egyptian Embassy or Consulate located in his or her own countries prior to arrival to Egypt:
Europe: Bosna – Bella Russia – Moldavia – Armenia – Georgia – Kazakhstan – Uzbekistan – Azerbaijan - Kosovo
Asia: Turkey – China – Afghanistan – Philippine – Sri Lanka – Thailand – Pakistan – India – Indonesia – Iran – Israel – Vietnam
Africa: All African countries
|Powered by NeonCRM|